The terraces of schools and condominiums
In areas of high population density, many educational facilities or buildings used by communities (residences, condominiums, etc.) have limited outdoor spaces and often these are represented by terraces and roof terraces.
Valuing these spaces for play or for common activities requires the choice of a comfortable and safe flooring.
The realization of a valuable flooring on terraces and roof terraces must address the following problems:
- guarantee the integrity of the waterproofing membrane and, if necessary, allow maintenance
- ensure the correct flow of water
- make up for the high temperature ranges and the consequent expansion
- allow installation in confined spaces and with difficulty of access.
The VMS solution
The VMS flooring system can be advantageously used for covering terraces and roof terraces.
The system used in the terraces consists of an anti-trauma rubber flooring laid in place formed by three layers:
- insulating layer, which has the function of ensuring the support on the waterproofing sheath, ensuring its integrity
- base mat in SBR rubber which absorbs the fall and guarantees a good thermal and acoustic insulation
- wearing course in virgin EPDM rubber, which is the finish of the flooring, with decorative functions and non-toxic characteristics.
The system has an unparalleled aesthetic yield and is equipped with the following main features:
- non-toxicity (certified according to EN 71-3)
- anti-slip (tested according to UNI standards)
- water drainage (about 6 liters / min sq. m)
- antitrauma according to EN1177
The system can be placed directly on the waterproofing sheath or on a lightened insulating screed.
You can make decorations and designs to make the flooring aesthetically attractive or to create special settings.
Vitriturf VMS flooring is very versatile and adapts to various design ideas and functional requirements and is referenced by approx. 10 thousand projects realized in 30 years in the United States and in the world, from the Arctic to the Equator.