Often the edges of the pool are affected by problems such as slipping, the presence of mold, the detachment from the support.
The swimming pool floors are in fact subject to high stress due to thermal excursion, trampling and aggression of corrosive agents such as chlorine or salt.
Currently poolside materials are available that overcome these technical problems, offering a good aesthetic result.
How to choose the flooring for swimming pools
Choosing the flooring for the poolside is not easy, because it is necessary to reconcile functionality, aesthetics and savings.
The most suitable material for the poolside flooring must be chosen paying attention to the technical characteristics of the floorings that are present on the market.
At the poolside paving it is required to have the following qualities:
- decorative effect and pleasant setting
- absence of bacterial proliferation and mold
- comfort in contact with the skin in support or walking
- draining capacity
- ability to evacuate rainwater and water from the tank, respectively
- ease of cleaning
- absence of maintenance
- resistance to thermal excursions
- resistance to chlorine
- frost resistance in high humidity conditions.
Combining all these features to meet the needs of a poolside flooring, is the challenge raised by BEN Progetti.
The Vitriturf solution
The VMS flooring is available in a specially designed version for swimming pools: the ideal solution, because they have all the qualities shown above, both for the edge of the pool and for the wetlands.
The floorings are made of EPDM rubber with single layer or double layer solutions, depending on the conditions of the substrate and the conditions foreseen for the recycling of the tank water and for the evacuation of rainwater.
VMS floors have the following characteristics:
- always dry because highly draining (6 l / min sq. m)
- unparalleled aesthetic effect
- anti-slip (UNI standards)
- very comfortable to touch and walk, cool in summer and warm in winter,
- thanks to the insulating power of rubber
- resistant to chemical agents
- non-toxic (UNI-EN71-3 standard)
- fall arrester (UNI-EN1177 standard)
- certified for indoor use (fire resistance class 1)
- absence of maintenance.
The system can be placed directly on the waterproofing sheath, or on another stable and waterproof substrate.
You can make decorations and designs to make the flooring aesthetically attractive or to create special settings.
The pool deck flooring can also be used in the interior of the pool, with special features.
The VMS flooring is very versatile and adapts to various design ideas and functional requirements and is referenced by approx. 10 thousand projects realized in 30 years in the United States and in the world, from the Arctic to the Equator.