The VPS system (Vitriturf Playground System) is an anti-trauma rubber playground flooring laid in place for the securing of play areas for children and teenagers, consisting of two layers (wearing surface and base mat).
The main applications of the system are: public and private play areas, school rubber playgrounds, kindergartens and all situations in which it is necessary to absorb the impact of the baby’s fall on the floor from a height of more than 1 meter.
The fall height and the protection area (ie the area in which an anti-trauma rubber playground flooring must be provided) are defined by the game constructions according to the European standard EN1176. In principle, the height of fall is measured taking as reference the quota attainable and from which the child can fall due to the absence of protections.
The protection area is that which can be reached by the child in the most unfavorable situation.
The attenuation of the impact obtained from the flooring is evaluated according to the H.I.C. method. (Head Injury Criteria).
The system adapts to the project configuration envisaged by the Customer and consists of two layers laid in succession and in accordance with the following specifications:
Basic mat (base mat)
- Application, on the approved substrate, of primer made of one-component aromatic polyurethane resin
- Laying of the base mat, according to the thicknesses defined in relation to the height of fall, consisting of a mixture of shavings or granules of SBR rubber and one-component polyurethane resin.
Wear (wearing course)
- Application on the substrate (that is on the base mat) of primer made of one-component aromatic polyurethane resin
- Laying of the wearing surface by application and manual shaving with trowel, according to project thickness, of a mixture of single-component aromatic polyurethane resin and granules of granular synthetic rubber EPDM (ethylene-propylene diene) colored at the origin, with suitable granulometry (1.0-3.5 mm)
Requirements for the background
The system is placed on rigid and compact substrates such as concrete, asphalt and other stable substrates, free of dust and free from potential efflorescence.
The decorations are generally performed with the help of templates made on the basis of the project drawings. The finish of the joints is treated with particular attention to ensure maximum strength of the joints.
The system has an unparalleled aesthetic yield and is equipped with the following main features:
- anti-trauma (according to the European standard EN1177 or to the more stringent American ASTM standards), with certified drop height according to the thickness of the flooring
- non-toxicity (certified according to EN 71-3)
- anti-slip (certified according to UNI standards)
- draining capacity (about 6 liters / min sq. m).